Oskar Humidifier - Stadler Form Economical Evaporator
- Regular price
- Price: $189.99
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Price: $189.99
- Unit price
Oskar has extremely low fan noise and no “glugging sound” from the water tank, unlike most humidifiers. With a water level window and pocket door cleverly hidden on his side, Oskar is easy to refill with a pitcher or watering can, alleviating the common strain of fitting a bulky water tank beneath a water faucet. Your Oskar includes a Stadler Form Water Cube and two high performance antibacterial wicks.
Designed by Swiss designer, Matti Walker, for Stadler Form.
- Virtually Silent-White Dust Free
- High Performance Emitting Up to 2.4 Gallons of Moisture Per Day
- Easy to Fill, Clean and Maintain
- Suitable for Rooms Up to 540 Square Feet
- Oskar allows the option for using essential oils in his cleverly hidden compartment, filling the air with your desired aroma to create a relaxing or invigorating atmosphere
- Environmentally-friendly— consumes low amounts of energy (6-18 watts) and the wicks are made from a recyclable, biodegradable material
- Emitting up to 2.4 gallons of moisture per day in spaces up to 540 square feet in size, counteracting the discomforting effects of a dry climate, such as dry skin, cracked lips, or sinus congestion
- Filter replacement reminder
- Includes integrated hygrostat
- Automatic shut-off when the 0.9-gallon tank is empty
- Oskar’s operating lights can be dimmed or shut off completely for undisturbed sleep
- Oskar comes in three sizes: Oskar Little, Oskar, Oskar Big
- Suitable Accessories: Oskar Filter Pack, Water Cube, Zero Calc, or Pure Essential Oils
- Dimensions: 9.7” W x 11.4” H x 9.7” D ; Weight: 6.9 lbs. ; Rated Power: 6–18 Watt ; Sound Level: 26-39 dB(A)
|Room size m²||50|
|Accessories||Water Cube, 2 Luftbefeuchter-Filter, Water Cube, 2 Luftbefeuchter-Filter|
|Color||Black, Titanium, White|
|Noise level||26 – 39 dB(A)|
|Power consumption||6 – 18 W|
|Water tank capacity||3.5 l|
Click here to download Product Manual.
Why is the humidity not rising while Oskar is switched on?
Why is Oskar red LED on, indicating that there is no water?
- Please start off by checking that the float gauge (see A) can move up and down. It may be that it has become stuck due to excessive limescale/dirt. Descale the water tray regularly in order to ensure fault-free operation.
Oskar consists of two parts: an upper part and a lower part. If the upper part is not seated properly on the lower part, the float gauge sensor will not make contact with the electronics in the upper part. Seat the upper part correctly to restore contact.
If neither of the two cases above apply, lift off the upper part and clean the contacts (see B und C) with a damp cloth. Then dry them thoroughly and put the upper part back on the lower part.
Oskar humidifier filters
- For the hygienic and optimal use of the humidifier, the humidifier filter should be replaced at least every two months. If you continue to use the humidifier filter for longer than this, on the one hand the humidification output may deteriorate significantly and on the other, the antibacterial action of the filter can no longer be guaranteed. You can generally purchase humidifier filters from the place where you bought your device. The filter change indicator has to be reset manually after changing the filters. Press and hold down the reset button for 5 seconds until the blue LED is continuously illuminated again.
Discolouration which is slightly yellowish or brownish is normal. Discolouration is caused by the substances in the mains water or the air. The poorer the water quality, the quicker the humidifier filter will become discoloured. Although this does not look pleasant, it is harmless as long as it is not due to mould. The discolouration will not affect the performance of your humidifier either. If you have not been using the humidifier filter for very long, you can rinse it thoroughly, turn it over and reuse it. If the humidifier filter is more than 2 months old, we recommend that you replace it.
It is also possible for the top part of the humidifier filters to become hard. During the evaporation process, the lime present in the water is collected in the humidifier filter as limescale. The harder the water, the quicker the humidifier filter will become hard. If you use water from a water softener which operates based on the principle of ion exchange, salt may collect in the humidifier filter rather than limescale. If you have been using the humidifier filter for less than 2 months, you can rinse it thoroughly with water, turn it over and put it back again. It is possible that you may notice an odour after you have turned over the humidifier filter depending on how contaminated the filter is by constituents in the air or the water.
How often should I clean Oskar?
- For hygienic reasons and to ensure proper operation, we recommend the following cleaning intervals.
Attention: Never immerse the device in water (danger of short-circuit).
Daily: Fill the device with fresh, cold tap water. If the device is not going to be used for several days, empty the water from the lower part beforehand and if necessary, clean it with a drop of washing-up liquid and a clean cloth. Fill the lower part with fresh water before putting the device into operation again.
Every 2 weeks: First remove the filters and the Water Cube™. Clean the inside of the lower part thoroughly every 2 weeks using a drop of washing-up liquid, warm water and a soft, clean cloth, sponge or brush. Then rinse out the lower part thoroughly with cold water and put back the filters and the Water Cube.
Approximately every 4 weeks (depending on the water hardness in each case): First remove the filters and the Water Cube™. If there are limescale deposits inside the lower part, we recommend that you use Stadler Form Cleaner & Descaler (www.stadlerform.com/zubehoer). Alternatively, you can use a household descaling agent or vinegar. Then rinse out the lower part thoroughly with cold water and put back the filters and the Water Cube. For hygienic reasons, the filters should be replaced every 2-3 months.
Regularly as required: To clean the outside, rub with a damp cloth and then dry thoroughly.
At the end of the season: Before putting away the device at the end of the season, clean it thoroughly inside and out and let it dry completely. Descale the lower part as described above. Clean the fan blades in the upper part with a damp cloth and then wipe them dry. (Image with instructions) Insert new humidifier filters and a new Water Cube so that your device will be ready to be put into operation at the start of the next season.
Why can you barely smell the fragrance from my Oskar ?
- The intensity of the fragrance is influenced by various factors:
- Type of fragrance (synthetic, natural, ingredients, etc.)
- Room temperature and relative humidity (the more humid the air, the stronger the fragrance will be)
- Room size (the smaller the room, the more intense the fragrance)
In principle, you can increase the intensity of a fragrance by adding a little more fragrance oil. The strength of a fragrance will depend on the fragrance itself. Natural fragrances are often more discreet than synthetic ones and certain ingredients are more dominant than others.
It should also be remembered that first and foremost, the device is a humidifier. Its main focus is to provide humidity in the room and because of that, the intensity of its fragrance will never be as strong as the fragrance from an aroma diffuser.
- It may be that your external hygrometer and Oskar are measuring different values because the devices have been positioned in different places (heights) in the room. Different humidity values will be measured depending on the air flow and temperature in each case. A tolerance of +/- 5 % is normal depending on the type of device. Oskar measures the humidity levels best if he is positioned in the middle of the room so that the room air can flow towards the sensor as freely as possible. If that is not possible, we recommend positioning Oskar against the wall, with a clearance of at least 30 cm. Under no circumstances should Oskar be “hidden” in a corner of the room or behind a sofa/piece of furniture because this can have a negative effect on humidity measurement as well as humidification efficiency.
I love Oskar - he works away quietly, has the right settings to choose from, is easy to refill and to clean, and I really like the options of having the lights on (for refilling) or off (at night). Definitely recommend!
Oskar is wonderful and has been a beast at keeping our bedroom humidity at a comfortable level this winter! It is super quiet and the lighting is a soft blue that doesn't make it difficult to fall asleep. My only gripe is that I wish I would have brought a second one for the downstairs, hopefully they come back is stock at a reasonable price soon.
Excellent Product. Works as they say it does very well! I will continue to buy their products. Delivery was received ahead of estimated date, as usual!
Many other humidifiers will do the job for less money. That is not what drives me. It's all about the design. Fits perfectly into my mid century modern lifestyle. If you buy a cheaper humidifier with a soul sucking design then you are not living your best life.
Oskar is very quiet on the low setting which is more than sufficient for most bedrooms. The blue led lights are beyond bright and insomnia inducing but they can be turned off. There is a light inside the water tank that helps show the water level on the side of the unit but this white light inside the tank shines vertically up through the fan and onto the ceiling. A little annoying for someone who likes a pitch black room. I think there should be a modification to cover the light and direct it only towards the water level window.
Overall it appears to be everything I thought it was. Buy it.